Web Time Entry Support
Web Time Entry (WTE) Information/Documentation
General WTE Support (PDF) - Includes checking leave balances, accessing a timesheet, entering hours, changing/correcting hours, submitting a timesheet, and entering an account distribution.
WTE Support for Approvers (PDF) - Includes accessing/approving employee timesheets, timesheet status actions, assigning a Proxy, and overriding an employee's time entry.
WTE Support for SuperUsers (PDF) - Includes SU actions by timesheet status, submitting an in-progress timesheet, extracting a timesheet, and managing approver queues.
NOTE: If an employee cannot access their timesheet, they must contact the WTE SuperUser in their area for assistance. It is the SuperUser's responsibility to provide Tier 1 and 2 technical support and troubleshooting for employees within their organization. Typically, the WTE Superuser will be the Business Affairs Officer (BAO) for that School/College/Division (S/C/D).
The majority of errors encountered in WTE are due to improperly creating/maintaining approval routing queues in Banner. Each S/C/D is responsible for maintaining their own Routing Queues for each Timesheet Organization (TSO). The SuperUser for each TSO is responsible for setting up and maintaining the Routing Queues. The most common errors occur on Banner Forms NTRRQUE (Routing Queue Rules) and/or NBAJQUE (Override Approvals Queue).
Common errors and their solutions:
- Error Message: "Timesheet records could not be retrieved"
- Problem - Occurs when the Routing Queue Rules (NTRRQUE) have not been established.
- Solution – SuperUser must establish a Routing Queue for the TSO on NTRRQUE.
- Error Message: "Contact your webtime entry administrator for assistance", or similar message.
- Problem – The Approver listed on NTRRQUE and/or NBAJQUE has one or more problems associated with their security access, or, could have issues related to numbers 4-5 below.
- Solution – Verify that the Approver has the appropriate security access to act as a WTE Approver. Approvers must have security access defined for each TSO they are responsible to approve.
- Error Message: "Approval not allowed".
- Problem - This error occurs when the SuperUser/Approver attempts to approve a timesheet twice, either intentionally, or, unitentionally by double-clicking the "Approve" button (or using the "Back" button in the browser window).
- Solution - Verify that the Timesheet Status is "Approved". No further action is needed.
- Incumbent field indicates **MULTIPLE**
- Problem – The Incumbent position is a pooled position (e.g. XM position).
- Solution – Replace the incumbent position with an approver with a non-pooled position, or, do a manual override (NBAJQUE) for each employee in the TSO, using the Banner ID in the "Approver or Incumbent" field. Note: the latter is very time consuming based on the number of employees assigned to the TSO.
- Incumbent field indicates **VACANT**
- Problem – The position listed on NTRRQUE is no longer an "active" position, e.g., the Approver has been terminated, has a new position number due to a job change, or on leave.
- Solution – Update NTRRQUE with the correct Approver Position Number.
- SuperUser/Approver cannot see a TSO listed under the "Department" drop-down list when attempting to access timesheets.
- Problem 1 – No employees within the TSO have accessed their timesheet. At least one employee within the TSO must access their timesheet in order for the TSO to appear under the "Department" drop-down list.
- Solution 1 – If prior to the 5pm submission deadline, ask an employee to access their timesheet for the Pay Period, or, if the submission deadline has passed, have the SuperUser use the default "ALL" value in the Department drop-down list to see a listing of all employee timesheets for all TSOs they have access to. The SuperUser must extract at least one timesheet in a TSO for the TSO to appear in the "Department" drop-down list.
- Problem 2 – The Approver listed on NTRRQUE was changed during the Pay Period, and the employee timesheets accessed/submitted prior to the change are currently in the previous Incumbent's approval queue.
- Solution 2 – Have SuperUser re-submit the timesheets. Employee timesheets will be re-routed to the new Approver's approval queue.